Monday, June 6, 2011

Allergy Free Baking or Vegan Baking

Allergy Free baking is a lot like vegan baking however without the soy substitutes. It is usually free of the top 8 common allergens. In our case it also excludes sunflower and safflower products. Since my itchy chipmunk has an allergy to eggs and soy, baking sometimes gets a little tricky or at least requires some experimentation. I think when I went in search of a good pancake recipe it wasn't the problem of finding a recipe but of finding a recipe that everyone liked. We must have tried at least a half a dozen recipes and a few of those ended up in the trash. My favorite recipe author is Cybele Pascal. Her cookbooks can usually be found on my counter in the kitchen. She also has her own website and writes for Martha Stewart's Whole Living website.

So join me as I talk about different substitutes in Allergy Free baking. Stay tuned as we discover what eggs do in baked goods and how we can make our baked goods more allergy friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment